2017 Fireworks Extravaganza will be on Monday, July 3, 2017
- Monday, July 3 (fireworks show starts at 9:15)
- Bobby K. Flaherty Municipal Center (Hwy 70 & Appling Road)
The Agenda for the Night
6:00 p.m. - Opening Ceremony, will include the Posting of the Colors by the Bartlett Police Department Honor Guard, the National Anthem and the Pledge Allegiance of the United States.
6:15 p.m.- Mayor A. Keith McDonald, Welcoming everyone, Recognize the elected officials and the Servicemen and women, Veterans and their families that are in attendance.
6:30 p.m. - Music by the Bartlett Community Concert Band
7:45 p.m.- Get ready to dance to the music with Jamie Baker & the VIPs
9:15 p.m. - Fireworks!
Soundtrack from the 2016 Fireworks show!!
Street Closing: Appling Road between Southern Way and Flaherty Place will start closing to traffic at 4:30 p.m. Please make plans to use Germantown Road to connect from Hwy 64 (Stage Rd) to Hwy 70 (Summer Ave). Appling Lake Drive will be closed to thru traffic.
Handicap Parking: Will be in the parking lot of the Bartlett Performing Arts & Conference Center (you will need to enter from Hwy 70/Summer to get into the lot)
Parking: will be available in the parking lot of the BRC (Bartlett Recreation Center), the back lot at Appling MIddle School and the field behind the the BRC. All these lots fill up fast and are located inside the Bobby K. Flaherty Municipal Center. Parking is not allowed on HWY 70.
Please be patient and let our officers do their job getting everyone out of the area as safe and fast as they can after the event. NO PARKING on HWY 70
Some questions people are asking about the Fireworks event on Thursday, July 3
- Is there a rain date? Not at this time, the fireworks can shoot in the rain, but not in unsafe weather conditions, some of the activities and music might not be available if it is raining. If unsafe weather conditions are in the area we will update any changes on all our social media outlets.
- Are Dogs allowed? We highly recommend that you leave your dogs at home but if they do join you, you will need to have them on a leash and pick up after them.
- Are coolers allowed? Yes, but remember no alcohol is allowed at City of Bartlett events. There will be a variety of concession vendors at the event.
- Can I sit up a tent? only approved vendor tents are allowed, but you can bring chairs, blankets, umbrellas.
- Can my group or organization sell or solicited information? NO, outside vendors are not allowed at this event, we have the Bartlett Festival in the fall for outside vendors. Our employees and the American Legion will be wearing vendor badges. If you want to hand our information, we can’t stop you from walking the crowd and doing that, but keep in mind that a lot of those materials go in the trash. The best way to get your message out is wear a shirt with your name on it. More people will probably read your shirt than any materials you have given them.
We are looking forward to a great event!!!
For more information send us an email.