Dear Bartlett Residents,
In an effort to help you prepare for the upcoming loose-leaf season, which runs from November 1st through March 31st, we have listed a few tips and reminders for you.
- Loose-leaf season runs from November 1st through March 31st.
- Loose-leaf piles should be placed no further than 5 feet from the roadway. If your leaves are piled further than 5 feet from the roadway, our crews will not be able to collect them because of the limitations of our equipment.
- Loose-leaf piles should be loose leaves ONLY and be free of all other debris such as limbs, sticks, twigs, rocks, or bricks.
- Loose-leaf piles are for NO reason to be placed in the roadway or drainage ditches.
- Loose-leaves that become scattered after they have been placed at the curb will not be cleaned up by the City.
Unfortunately, we are currently dealing with the same staffing issues as the rest of the country and our crews are limited. The time between loose-leaf collections may become extended and could take as long as 4 to 6 weeks between collections. The City will collect loose leaves as long as staffing allows. If you wish to have your leaves picked up in a timelier manner you can bag them and they will be picked up on your regular garbage day.
If you would like more information or to read the complete Solid Waste Policy, please visit the Solid Waste page of the City’s web site or call the Public Works office at 385-5570.
Michael J. Adams
Director, Bartlett Public Works