- Public Works
- Solid Waste
- Residential Service
The Solid Waste Division provides weekly collection for household garbage, yard waste, and bulk items for the residents of the City of Bartlett. A solid waste fee is automatically assessed to each residential water meter account for this service and the current charge is $30.00 per month. All City of Bartlett residents are required to have this service. Each residence is assigned one (1) City issued 95 gallon wheeled garbage cart with a City seal and cart number on it. All carts with a City seal are the property of the City and are not to be painted, mutilated, altered or modified in any way. Additional carts are available for purchase from the Solid Waste Division for $55.00 for those residents needing more than one cart. These carts do not have City seals and are the personal property of the resident. The City will only collect household garbage from the City issued wheeled cart or one purchased from the City. No other carts, cans or containers may be used for household garbage collection. All items for collection should be placed behind the curb or at the end of the driveway or alongside it at the roadway by 7:00 am on your scheduled collection day. No items are to be placed in the roadway.
Solid Waste Observed Holidays:
Please remember that Solid Waste services will be delayed one day following these holidays.
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Household Garbage Collection:
- Place your wheeled cart behind the curb by 7:00 am on the day of your scheduled collection but no earlier than 7:00 pm the night before. All carts are to be returned to a location behind the front of the residence by no later than 7:00 am the morning following your scheduled pickup.
- Please do not block access to your carts with parked vehicles on collection day.
- At no time are carts to be placed in the roadway. If there is no curb at your residence then the cart may be placed at the end of the driveway or alongside the roadway.
- All household garbage should be placed in your cart for collection. Propping the lid up is acceptable as long as the cart is not overflowing. If occasionally you have a larger amount of household garbage than your cart can hold you may place it next to your cart so long as it is securely bagged (30 lbs. max.) and not loose. Garbage scattered from broken/torn bags left outside the cart will not be cleaned up by City crews.
- Additional carts are available for purchase from the Solid Waste Division for $55.00 for those residents needing more than one cart. A maximum of three (3) household garbage carts per residents is allowed. Purchased carts are the personal property of the resident.
- Some items the City will not pick up are gasoline, liquid paint, pool chlorine, batteries, motor oil, antifreeze, pesticides and transmission fluid. These items should never be placed in your cart. These items can be taken to the Memphis and Shelby County Hazardous Waste facility at 6305 Haley Road. The City of Bartlett makes an annual contribution to the operating cost of the facility so our residents may have use of the facility at no additional cost to them. The Memphis and Shelby County Hazardous Waste facility is open Tuesday and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. More information on what items they accept can be found on the Shelby County webpage for Household Hazardous Waste
- Do not place dead animals or hot ashes in your cart.
- To help prevent spillage the City recommends placing all household garbage in plastic bags before placing it in your cart. This will also help keep all carts in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Your cart's weight should not exceed 150 pounds when filled.
- All carts with City seals are City property and are assigned to a specific address. We suggest you record the cart number for future reference.
- It is the resident's responsibility to replace a cart if it is stolen or damaged by means other than normal use.
- Repair to City owned carts may be scheduled by calling our Solid Waste Office.